A few days ago my grandmother (Mamaw) noticed some swollen lymph nodes on Hudson. They were located on his left leg in the pelvis/groin area. She told me about them..and I checked them out myself. I really thought it might have something to do with his MMR vaccination he received about 12 days ago.
Then last night..after Hudson got out of the bath tub I noticed one of the lymph nodes was REALLY BIG... like the size of a marble BIG!! That's when I got really concerned! I didn't really know what to do so I picked up my phone and sent a text to his pediatrician. I taught her son 2 years ago...I had her cell number so I figured I would ask if she thought I needed to bring Hudson in for an office visit...
She responded back and said, YES! bring him in the morning!
SO,
This morning I took him in to see Dr. Michelle... She said the lymph nodes are rather large...and she noticed a slight bulge in his pelvis area also. She requested blood work...(drawn from his arm) and some other lab test to be done. HUDSON did GREAT!! he NEVER cried or whimpered the first time! He was such a BIG BOY at the doctors office. I was so proud!!
She is referring us to an pediatric urologist at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital...She sent his labs..and referral notes today. We should hear back from them Monday..and set an appointment. Dr. Michelle is "thinking" it is a hernia... but an ultrasound/MRI should show detailed information to know exactly whats going on...
No FEVER... No Sinus drainage... No Symptoms... JUST a marble size node in the leg... other than that he is still ALL BOY.. RUNNING and JUMPING on everything!!
We are praying for good results on our next doctor visit.
Hudson was PERFECT today... He did great!!
Praying for good news in the days ahead!!

Awww!! Poor baby!!
ReplyDelete