Saturday around 7:40 AM Whitney & I left an apartment at Fielder Square and walked right across the street to the starting line of the St Jude Half... It was nice to be that close and not to have to SEARCH for parking....The gun fired and off we went! I took my phone with me so I captured some pics along the way... It was a GREAT day for a race...nice weather...huge crowds...and all for a PERFECT reason! Helping fight & find a cure for childhood cancer! I LOVE st jude and EVERYTHING it stands for!! We represented TEAM MOLLY KATE....and wore our really cute navy & lime green MOLLY KATE shirts. Each year when I wear this shirt it makes me smile to think that precious little angel, MOLLY KATE, is smiling down from heaven!! During the race I also thought about OPERATION HOPE...for sweet little ELI...and TEAM LUCY...Go Lucy Go...and ALL THE MANY other children fighting for their LIVES. CANCER stinks...and I cannot wait for the day we find a CURE for all. Until then, I hope everyone supports their community caner organizations...Relay for Life....St Jude...etc.


My Sister Whitney and I after the RACE!!
at the START line... ready, set, RUN!
A runner from TEAM LUCY....GO LUCY GO!!
our awesome MOLLY KATE race day shirts...
Running down by Mud Island....down the RIVER!
Running Down Beale Street....that was a fun area!
Running THROUGH ST JUDE....this was the BEST part of the race!
St Jude ASLAC building...
Whitney and I ran TOGETHER up to MILE 10...then I went on ahead...
FINALLY, MILE 13 so glad to see this mile marker!! only .1 miles to the finish line!
No comments:
Post a Comment