Supper Club Christmas Party- December 3rd
Lazy Sunday- December 4th
TIRED Monday- December 5th
TESTING Tuesday- December 6th... The day we took a pregnancy test. No, this pregnancy was not PLANNED...We were truly SURPRISED to see a Positive Test. It was such an amazing thing, a little Surprise from above. Guess what...you are expecting sort of feeling. It was so neat...exciting...and scary all at the same time. Hudson had JUST celebrated his 1st birthday, it seemed like just the other day! He was now about 14 months old..and we were expecting BABY #2...oh WOW...this was going to be an adventure!!
Jeff's Hospital Visit- December 15th
Jeff's Emergency Surgery- December 16th..Thought it was his appendix...turned out to be a mass location near his appendix. Although they did removed his appendix, Surgeon said the mass was what was giving him all his troubles. Now waiting for pathology reports to come back.....
New York City- December 16-19th
Had a wonderful time shopping in the city at Christmas... Told our families the GOOD NEWS...that Hudson was going to be a BIG BROTHER... then shortly after told close friends!!!
Christmas Day- December 25th
Woke up with an horrible pain in my left lower part of the abdomen. It was severe... it was in only ONE location... it was constant. I kept thinking ALL DAY LONG... this is going to go away!! I began to get worried and finally told Jeff I was hurting... it was better by bed time and I got some MUCH needed rest that night!
December 26th- STILL HURTING.... but managing to get lots of things done around the house!
December 27th- TUESDAY... 1st day the clinic is OPEN after the holidays... I schedule an appointment - I explain that I have had this pain in the left side for 2 days...and as soon as they heard that they asked me to come on in... NOW. Well my dr is in Jackson..so I packed Hudson up..took him to my uncle's house and headed to Jackson ALONE... Jeff had his OWN appointment with Dr Caylor about his pathology results. We went our separate ways.... to find out both results.
I was told that I had an ovarian cyst to rupture and that I still had 2 on my left ovary. I saw the baby on the ultrasound monitor and even herd the heart beat. It was 135 bpm. I was so happy to see "baby" hear the healthy STRONG heart beat and talk to the dr. Everything looked good... my uterus was slightly tilted and kinda heart shaped but nothing they seemed to be concern with! I left the dr office with GOOD NEWS and ultrasound pics of BABY #2... Dr harper wanted to see me again in ONE week to double check the cyst and chart baby's growth. I was not sure about all my dates so they were going to measure baby #2 on the second visit and set a due date!
As I called Jeff to tell him the positive news..I also heard GREAT news on the other end of the line. His pathology report came back GREAT. No signs of cancer...nothing abnormal. JUST a mass of dead tissue...muscle.. and blood. We were so happy to hear such wonderful news. God had been watching over us ALL DAY!
January 3rd- 2nd Dr appointment
Jeff and I loaded up and took off to Jackson on this Tuesday Morning... of course the offices were closed on Monday due to the Holiday Weekend. As we arrived, the office was rather busy...but we were called back rather quickly. As we walked back toward the Ultrasound room.. I began to get a little nervous.. not sure what exactly made me that way...but I felt uneasy!
As we walked in I made small talk with the u/s girl...and hopped up on the table. As SOON as the picture arrived on the screen I KNEW something was WRONG...BAD WRONG...
It was a VERY different image than a week before... The week before I could see the Uterus.. filled with amniotic fluid.. I could see baby moving around... and they pulsing heart beating. I could also HEAR the heart beat...what a therapeutic sound.
This time... the uterus was smaller looking.. not near as much fluid...baby was bigger however was not moving at all...and not pulsing heart beat. NOT A SOUND...just an image!
After what seemed like FOREVER... Jeff asked the dreaded question, "Is the heart beating" and the girl just softly responded, No! baby had quit growing about 2 days before our dr visit. However my body did not respond to the miscarriage. It missed the signs... I was still carrying the baby!
Our world stopped for a short moment. Then a calming sensation came over me...and I knew we were in God's Care. I knew he was going to take us in his arms...comfort us...and heal us! AND HE DID!!
We finally meet with the doctor and we were given only 2 options. Because my body was not going to "miscarry on it's own" so we could opt medicine to try to help my body start the process or surgery (d&c) I felt like I should try the meds first ... before scheduling surgery!
That night...exactly 8 hrs about i took the meds. IT ALL BEGAIN.... i will not relive the details.. but it was TERRIBLE. AWEFUL... VERY VERY BAD!
then is was ALL OVER!
January 6th- TODAY... we went for our follow up appointment and EVERYTHING looked great! the ultrasound showed things returning to normal....and no need for the surgery! The meds had worked 100% and I was so thankful for that! Today we are full of THANKS...and HOPE!
Today we are looking forward to a new year and the events it has to offer!
Good Bye 2011...hello TWENTY-TWELVE!
As I called Jeff to tell him the positive news..I also heard GREAT news on the other end of the line. His pathology report came back GREAT. No signs of cancer...nothing abnormal. JUST a mass of dead tissue...muscle.. and blood. We were so happy to hear such wonderful news. God had been watching over us ALL DAY!
January 3rd- 2nd Dr appointment
Jeff and I loaded up and took off to Jackson on this Tuesday Morning... of course the offices were closed on Monday due to the Holiday Weekend. As we arrived, the office was rather busy...but we were called back rather quickly. As we walked back toward the Ultrasound room.. I began to get a little nervous.. not sure what exactly made me that way...but I felt uneasy!
As we walked in I made small talk with the u/s girl...and hopped up on the table. As SOON as the picture arrived on the screen I KNEW something was WRONG...BAD WRONG...
It was a VERY different image than a week before... The week before I could see the Uterus.. filled with amniotic fluid.. I could see baby moving around... and they pulsing heart beating. I could also HEAR the heart beat...what a therapeutic sound.
This time... the uterus was smaller looking.. not near as much fluid...baby was bigger however was not moving at all...and not pulsing heart beat. NOT A SOUND...just an image!
After what seemed like FOREVER... Jeff asked the dreaded question, "Is the heart beating" and the girl just softly responded, No! baby had quit growing about 2 days before our dr visit. However my body did not respond to the miscarriage. It missed the signs... I was still carrying the baby!
Our world stopped for a short moment. Then a calming sensation came over me...and I knew we were in God's Care. I knew he was going to take us in his arms...comfort us...and heal us! AND HE DID!!
We finally meet with the doctor and we were given only 2 options. Because my body was not going to "miscarry on it's own" so we could opt medicine to try to help my body start the process or surgery (d&c) I felt like I should try the meds first ... before scheduling surgery!
That night...exactly 8 hrs about i took the meds. IT ALL BEGAIN.... i will not relive the details.. but it was TERRIBLE. AWEFUL... VERY VERY BAD!
then is was ALL OVER!
January 6th- TODAY... we went for our follow up appointment and EVERYTHING looked great! the ultrasound showed things returning to normal....and no need for the surgery! The meds had worked 100% and I was so thankful for that! Today we are full of THANKS...and HOPE!
Today we are looking forward to a new year and the events it has to offer!
Good Bye 2011...hello TWENTY-TWELVE!
I am so sorry to hear this Lindsey.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry, Lindsey. I can't imagine what you have been through emotionally over the past several weeks. Praying for you!
ReplyDeleteHunter and I are so sorry for your loss. We are praying for healing for you and Jeff. I truly admire the way you are handling such a horrible situation. You are such a great example for all of us. Thank you for reminding me that we should always praise God, no matter what he gives or takes away in our life. Love you guys!
ReplyDelete